Brother Thierry from the Benedictine Monastery in Rostrevor will be coming to talk to us this Wednesday night (2nd April).
We will be looking at issues such as:
- Practicing the presence of God
- Being in touch with God all the time, not just in prayer meetings
- Hearing God's voice
Come along with questions you would like to ask about discipline, recognising God's voice, Roman Catholic doctrines, or just about the life of a monk!
Thursday, 6 March 2008
We were challenged last night by God's word (reinforced by Rob Bell and 'Daddy' Al) on our responsibility to steward our finances.
The main points were these:
- Have fun with those £5 notes!
- Be generous with your own cash.
- And remember that it's better to give than to receive.